Saturday 30 January 2021

A tweak or two later....

I started this painting some time back.  One of those pieces that I needed to have some "Thinking Time" for.  Somehow the paint moves about when it's drying (no not literally), but for some reason when you leave a painting and don't look at it in a while, you go back with fresh eyes and actually 'see' what needs to be improved on.  

That happened with this Oil painting, and I was pleased to see it didn't need much work - in fact very little tweaking, only a few adjustments here and there and now I can call this one finally completed.








6 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

A storm's a brewin'! ;) (All your paintings are so evocative!)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Robin....I get a bit carried away with blending paint, one layer upon another. Seems to work out okay, makes me want to experiment more with bigger canvases :)

Eileen H said...

Another lovely painting Ann.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen :)

Shammickite said...

Nice painting.
I have found that I'm not very art motivated at the moment, due to being in this dratted lockdown. And it's cold outside. Everything closed. Can't go anywhere. Very annoying!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Hi Shammickite......I know exactly what you mean. Lockdown here at the moment too and although we can exercise/walk dogs, it's still very restrictive - I know it needs to be, still it leaves one feeling 'Blahhh'. When I haven't felt like doing paintings, I tend to watch Youtube artists, that's quite inspiring and encouraging.