Tuesday 23 February 2021

A new Oil painting

I say 'new' broadly speaking.

New here, but this painting has been in the background drying for a few weeks.

That's the thing with Oil paints, they need time to dry and for me to spend some away time, so I can come back to it and see it with fresh eyes.

I was happy with this and it's a local scene.

Friends who live on Exmoor took photos a while back and, of course, the inevitable happened

Me: "Would you mind if I did a painting from your photos?"

I'm really lucky that they are happy for me to do a painting (or two - eventually) 

and I think they anxiously wait to see the results.

So here it is:


~ as ever, click the above image and see a short video clip of it in some detail.

I didn't video the painting process this time....I forgot! ~



2 comments:

Eileen H said...

It's lovely Ann, your friends must be thrilled when they see your finished work.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen....I do hope so :)