Thursday 18 February 2021

Trying a different style

It's always good to shake it up a bit and I've certainly done that with this latest oil painting. Seeing how others paint is always an inspiration to me - some I really enjoy, some I don't - hey that's art! However, I recently got inspired by the work of Turner Vinson and having asked his permission, which he kindly gave, I have tried out one of his demos.  

Yes, I learned from it - isn't that what it is all about, even when I go back to my own style. So here (do you hear a drum roll)...this small 5x7 

Titled: "On the River- after Turner Vinson"






3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh yes, that's good Ann. So kind of him to allow you to copy his style of painting.

robin cox walsh said...

Interesting.......always good to try something new. (Just between you and me and the lamppost though, I like your style better.) :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen.....yes, I appreciate it when people are happy for me to use their reference pictures.


aww Thanks Robin 🙂