Monday 1 March 2021

That warm feeling

 ...that's how this painting makes me feel.  Now we are heading out of Winter and into Spring, those chilly - freezing - bitter cold (you get the idea) days are receding,  some of my paintings have been on what I call "catch-up".  Having started them back in those 'chilly - freezing - bitter cold days'  and waiting for the inevitable Paint To Dry phase, I have now completed this 8x10 canvas panel.  

Something very nice about completing a painting after the long wait for paint to dry, but this painting certainly takes me back. When the fire was lit, those shorter days seem to be a memory now.





5 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Cozy indeed, but where's my book? I need a good book to curl up with in front of the fire in a big red overstuffed chair! :D

Eileen H said...

Such a change to see some sunshine but your lovely painting is a reminder of those cosy days at home in front of a nice warm fire.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin.....ahhh the book is back on the shelf ;)

Eileen....and the evenings drawing out too, yesterday at 6pm we realised not many weeks ago it was dark by 4.30...looking forward to these long days and evenings now - just need it to warm up a bit more :)

Shammickite said...

Lovely cosy painting. Makes me think of sitting by the fire reading a good book.
I've been very lazy and disillusioned with all this covid restriction, and no hope of me getting a vaccine any time soon, so I decided to challenge myself to posting some art every day in march. However, suddenly there's a problem transferring photos from camera to laptop.... so may not be able to post them. Grrrrr....

ann @ studiohyde said...

Shammickite......that's exactly what I was after, that feeling of sitting by the fireside reading, glad that came over in the painting :) I'm still not able to Comment on blogs, but I do follow your posts....Love seeing your art and a good idea with your March challenge to yourself. Your 'mistakes' redo, no Not mistakes, they are lovely, very impressed 🙂