Saturday 6 March 2021

Inspiration

Yes, inspiration comes from all directions for me.   Thankful to those people who take photos (at these times of lockdown and not being able to plein air paint at the moment).  Although I have to admit that it does take me a while to get around to some paintings.  Take for instance a photo reference from last September 2020 - posted online in Facebook Group : The Official DOING IT OURSELVES.   I'll add Links at the end of this blogpost to the relevant groups and Youtube channel.  

Sherrie Petherick from Chateau Basmaignee (Doing It Ourselves Youtube) kindly gave me permission to use one of her photographs - a stunning capture of Mont-Saint-Michel on the coast of Normandy France.

I hope I've done it justice, but needless to say, I really enjoyed painting this one.



Title: "Reflections of Mont-Saint-Michel"
Oil on panel 8x8


Website for Chateau Basmaignee

and the ABOUT section of their website which links to their Facebook and Youtube channel


~ Many Thanks to Sherrie Petherick for permission to use original photograph ~




2 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

BEAUTIFUL! You nailed it! :D

Eileen H said...

It's lovely Ann. One day soon we'll be out of lockdown and you'll be doing your plein air paintings and the weather will be warm and bright so lots to look forward to.'