Wednesday 26 April 2023

There you have it….

Call myself an Artist and I went and forgot my sketchbook!  - So when all else fails, find an alternative -  that happened to be a blank page from my diary, luckily I had a pen.

After I berated myself about the sketchbook, I settled down to a very pleasant few minutes sketching fellow patrons of Wetherspoons in Ilfracombe and enjoyed a coffee (with free fill up, whoop whoop). 

By the time I took this image ⤵️ said patrons had up and left, but I’m sure you get the idea.  Obviously like cars in a carpark, patrons in Wetherspoons move before you can blink! 



5 comments:

Eileen H said...

I'm glad you found a free page to sketch on. I'm surprised patrons of Wetherspoons don't stay for longer with free refills of coffee and cheap beer :)

robin cox walsh said...

We artists are nothing if not resourceful! Nice sketch! :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen….I was surprised about that too, perhaps the staff have a way of moving people on. Although in Ilfracombe, there are a lot of holiday makers, so guess they are ready to explore.

Thanks Robin, that was a lesson learned for future outings.

John (JWJarts) said...

I love your sketches Ann. As a massive scaredy-cat, I really envy your confidence to sit and sketch in public, and you do it so well.

ann @ studiohyde said...

John, it helps if you have a wall behind you, then people can’t look over your shoulder. Often with sketching people don’t realise what you are doing. Give it a go.