Sunday 23 April 2023

Quick sketch

With a sketchbook and pen in my bag, I sat and did a quick sketch whilst hubby was shopping.  Sitting in a supermarket car park was an ideal opportunity to sketch quickly.  Cars come and go at the shops, so there is no time for a slow carefully planned out drawing.  You have to get on with it.  

Continual line (also called Continuous line - not sure which is the correct phrase, it’s the same difference in my book….’sketchbook’ haha).


 I love how ‘wobbly’ the cars have come out.




7 comments:

Eileen H said...

I do like those cars so much better being 'wobbly' than straight lines. I don't sketch but sitting in the car people watching is entertaining too :)

John (JWJarts) said...

What a coincidence ... I also sat in a car park sketching cars last week. I'm aware of Continuous Line sketching but it's something I've never tried. I must have a go. Nice sketch Ann.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen…..Yes, people watching is very entertaining :)

John…Great minds think alike then! You should give the continuous line drawings a go. As a suggestion, hold the pen/pencil further back, still with control but holding the pen further back makes you relax the sketching process - and keep in mind to Not lift the pen off the paper. Give it a go :)

robin cox walsh said...

Too cute! (I LOVE continuous line drawing! It's so freeing!)

Debbie Nolan said...

Great exercise Ann for practicing quick sketches. Love your wobbly vehicles. Wonderful way to make excellent time while waiting.

Marie Smith said...

It reminds me of time I spend in car parks waiting for the shopper in our family! Love this sketch.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Robin, Debbie and Marie, Glad you like my wobbly drawing 🙂