Thursday 7 September 2023

Update and complete

As I said in my previous Post, I would update you with this paintings progress.  Glad to say it has now been completed and I'm pleased with this version (yes, there will be other versions in the future, but the weather will be different).

Hopefully I've conveyed "Distance" and the feel of a day after the rains (the puddles tell the viewer what the weather has been).


and here's a couple of close-ups:


the Texture is the weave of the canvas, but this doesn't actually show up as obviously in real life, it must be how the camera has captured it


 

Now to concentrate on another artwork, I keep busy with paintings-in-progress and lovin' it.




8 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

I feel like I could step right in and take a walk! Lovely! ❤️❤️❤️

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful work!

John (JWJarts) said...

This is a gorgeous painting Ann. I love the palette you've used and you've definitely created a great sense of distance and wetness. Great work!!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin….Thanks so much Robin, but make sure you have your wellies on (those puddles could be deep) lol ;)

Hi Marie….I really appreciate that, thanks so much :)

John……Such a great compliment, thank you so much :)

Eileen H said...

It's lovely Ann, I certainly get that feeling you hoped to achieve.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen.....Thanks so much Eileen, really nice of you to say :)

Shammickite said...

Nice one! But the sun is shining so it can't be North Devon. Next one should show grey sky and lots of rain!!!!!! Glorious Devon where it rains six days out of seven. Just kidding.

ann @ studiohyde said...

So true Shammickite, we definitely see our share of rain. There have been terrific floods here over the last couple of days. Although South Devon got the brunt of it this time.