Sunday 27 August 2023

I got a mention

Still busy with my exhibition over at Lynmouth in the Exmoor National Park Centre.   Sales have continued and those paintings replaced with some new ones.  

I'm currently busy preparing some more new works, but they take time as with Oil paintings they need time to dry - plus adding a detail or two, at least this is when the paint is applied thinly.  

For the textured works, where the oil paint is applied thickly (I use a palette knife), these cannot be added to when that first paint is dry - Why?  because ultimately that First layer of paint will still be drying under the newly applied layer, and will cause that top layer to crack.  So planning ahead has to go into the paintings.  

Today, I continued working on this painting...and had my photo taken with it..(click the image below for a closer view)





Update:

I have done some more work on this painting in the home studio and, at the moment, I consider the painting complete, although it will now dry for a week or two.  I'll update with a photo once I know the painting is totally finished.


8 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Look at you, posing for PICTURES! You're a brave woman, Ann Hyde! Congrats on all the attention and sales! You deserve it!

Eileen H said...

I'm pleased you are doing so well and well deserved Ann x

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin, and there’s me hating my picture took! I got ambushed into it. But I guess fairs fair, if it all helps Exmoor National Park, and their camera didn’t break, so that was a bonus, LOL

Eileen….Thanks so much Eileen. I’m enjoying painting there, it’s a good atmosphere too.

CJ Kennedy said...

How exciting! Congratulations on your exhibit and sales. Well done

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful work, Ann!

ann @ studiohyde said...

CJ……Thanks so much. Selling paintings is the confirmation for me that the painting worked as I had hoped :)

Marie….Thank you Marie, much appreciated :)

Judy said...

Congratulations, Ann! They all look beautiful! I love your home studio with that big round window!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Judy………Many thanks Judy, I’m glad you like the paintings :)