Sunday 5 May 2024

In the pink

 …..or rather On the pink.

For no particular reason, more a case of how I felt at the time, I chose to do a magenta ground for this canvas.  The idea is that when the overall painting is completed (eventually) there will be very subtle flecks of pink showing, which in turn give a warmth to the artwork.  This can also be achieved using other colours as a ground.

I thought this row of cottages made a good composition and something relaxing to paint - leave to dry in part - then continue when I feel ready.  It’s the cottages on Turkey Island at Porlock Weir, Exmoor.



If you click on the image above ⤴️  there’s a short clip from my Youtube channel.



4 comments:

Eileen H said...

That's lovely Ann.
What a great name Turkey Island at Porlock Weir, that would make a lovely relaxing holiday destination....I just had to look it up :-)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Hi Eileen, Yes it is a nice place over at Porlock. A lot of people visit the area, including Exmoor, there are some stunning views to be seen.

robin cox walsh said...

It's beautiful (already!) I could see myself living there very happily!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin….Many thanks, very encouraging of you to say. I’m going to get back to this one next week. Meanwhile, I am working on a couple of other paintings..(might record part of them for Shorts on YT).