Monday 29 July 2019

Plein Air painting at Arlington Court

I never tire of painting over at Arlington Court.  When I think that the various locations have been painted enough, I find another angle and the view dictates the kind of painting, be it Landscape, Portrait or as in this case Square.  Seasonally it changes too, and also the weather makes a difference.

Last week I painted by the Lake, with the Lily's out.  It was slightly overcast, the occasional dark cloud threatened, but luckily it didn't come to anything.  At least it was cool enough to paint, temperatures recently have been high and HOT!



and guess what came along to see my painting


Yes, a Dragonfly.  It rested on the side of my pochade box for probably about 5 minutes. Time enough for a photo, perhaps it knew to wait.



The majority of the painting was done in the time I had, but I did complete finishing touches to it at home in the studio.

Here's the completed painting, and you'll see I added a couple of people
sitting on the bench overlooking the lake.



and a close-up of the piece, which measures 10" x 10".



 🎨 🎨 🎨 






6 comments:

Judy said...

Perfect painting, Ann! I love the little people in the background, a lovely touch!

Eileen H said...

It's lovely Ann, the addition of the two people make it more romantic I think.

robin cox walsh said...

Absolutely beautiful! ♥♥♥♥♥

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Judy, Eileen and Robin....something very nice about painting plein air :)

Christine said...

Just lovely Ann!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thank you so much Christine :)