Monday 5 August 2019

Oil painting:Heron

Having completed a painting of the lake at Arlington Court, I decided to do a small painting of a heron. The heron is the iconic emblem for the estate, depicted in various places it holds an eel in its beak. The birds themselves can often be seen by the river and perched in the trees.

this is on a wooden block panel measuring 6" x 8"


Now it needs to be touch dry before I add *retouching varnish
(*protects the surface, this allows the painting to breath whilst the rest dries thoroughly)



🎨🎨🎨















5 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful!

robin cox walsh said...

Another beauty! ♥♥♥♥

Shammickite said...

I like this a lot, its a slightly different sort of technique from a lot of your other paintings. There's a blue heron that visits the pond at the end of my road, I'll have to take some pictures of him (or her?) and see if I can paint him.... you have inspired me! And I have to admit I haven't done much art all summer, just a few sketches.... too busy travelling and now that I'm back doing stuff with the grandies.

Eileen H said...

Lovely Ann.
I remember once on holiday standing and watching a heron dip his head in the water and catching a fish. I love moments like that.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks everyone.....sorry I've been slow in adding your comments here, been busy painting!

Shammickite....it's nice to know I've inspired you :)