Friday 10 April 2020

Magic Carpet

After some tweaking, leaving, tweaking again and

finally deciding this is it,  COMPLETED PAINTING



I have painted this scene before in Gouache, last year in fact, after a trip down to Lizard Point in Cornwall.  The light was so perfect and having looked through my photo references, decided it was an Oil painting this time, which I've given an unusual title (*footnote will explain why I chose the name for this piece)

Photos are a great memory of places visited, but somehow a painting puts me right back there.

Title:  MAGIC CARPET


size 8" x 8" (20 x 20cm)


*footnote: 






2 comments:

Eileen H said...

It's a lovely painting Ann and nice to be able to relive your visits through your art.
I read the link and I think we should definitely give some thought to where we are treading.

P.S. I have only just noticed your comments in Bloglovin' and added them now!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen....Thanks, I did enjoy painting this, it really was like being back there. Glad I added the link too, I think it's nice for readers to feel there is "reason" to a scene/place :) Also, thanks for saying about Bloglovin', at least this is one place where I can comment on someone's blog :)