Tuesday 16 February 2021

Stonehenge at Sunset

 Waiting for various layers of paint to dry, this little painting of Stonehenge - 5"x7" Oil on panel, has taken a while to do. Along with other paintings in the 'queue of paintings drying' this one is now being considered Done ✅


It looks so tiny up on my easel


and was surprisingly fiddly to paint.  

I think the bigger paintings are far less challenging, but I do enjoy a challenge as you know.

The reference photo was used Thanks to a friend, Elizabeth Darlington, who was happy for me to use it for this artwork.  I always appreciate it when people are okay with my use of their photos.


"Stonehenge at Sunset"








4 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

Very cool! :D

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Robin 🙂🎨🧑🏻‍🎨

Eileen H said...

Very nice Ann.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Thanks Eileen 🙂