Monday 15 March 2021

A Website!

 It's been a bit of a day here in the Studio - actually got around to setting up and launching a

    WEBSITE

This has been something I've been mulling over for a while, but when I started looking at it, I have to admit, it looked complicated.  Research helped a lot and fellow artists have recommended Shopify - Plus Shopify does a great tutorial which basically guides you through the process.  No more excuses, and I went for a Domain Name too:


www.annhydeartist.com  

~ link in name above, you could also click the image ⤵️  ~


Obviously it is early days and I will be adding more paintings to the Shop,
 I hope you will enjoy browsing my art.
Check back every so often as there will be new paintings added regularly.









7 comments:

Eileen H said...

Well done Ann, you are so clever and I love the robin painting.
I've just subscribed to your newsletter and here's wishing you lots of success with your new venture.

robin cox walsh said...

Nice site! (I don't blame you for leaving Etsy.) :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen....Thanks so much...I needed hubby to help me, the backup team! 🤣 Thanks for subscribing - however, at the moment I'm not entirely sure how to use it, so I have actually deleted it from the site (for now)...when I get the hang of it all, I will likely add it in (it had come by default).....I'll update you when I do.

Robin....Been thinking for a while about moving from Etsy. So many artists say about having your own website and I've always kept away from it (being used to blogger as I am)...however, over the last few months I found Etsy was charging so much!...There is an additional Etsy set-up within their site apparently that offers reduced fees, but I am a bit wary of using it and I wonder if they would still be charging high, only going about it a different way?!!! Several professional artists I follow have said about Shopify being good (you can't argue with that can you)...so in the end I thought I would go for it. Buying a domain name wasn't too expensive either, I just need to start selling 🤣

ann @ studiohyde said...

* Robin.... I'm still with Etsy for the time being as I have Listings still, but reckon I will leave ultimately.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen....and then there was me with a change of mind. Decided to reinstall Newsletter, I am so determined to master technology 😂

Shammickite said...

You are very brave, entering into the world of web site technology! So much to learn and really hard when you don't have an expert to advise you! Good luck with this, I will be watching carefully.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Shammickite....Thanks so much. I've been a few days 'tweaking' the website. I guess there will always been something to do and add, but slowly slowly as they say, I'm getting there.