Wednesday 24 March 2021

In the studio

As much as I try to keep my studio space tidy, something seems to happen overnight to disrupt it.  Well, that's how it feels.  I walk into the room and look around and am surprised how I ever find anything.  Needless to say there are times when I have a sort out and tidy up session, even if only in one part of the space.

The most challenging area for me is the storing of wet and dry paintings.  This changes from time to time depending on what I'm working on, but generally I have two specific areas.

The wet paintings need to be dried with them flat.  So there have been various ways to deal with this.

Medium/Large paintings on this rack .....




Small paintings on this.....



and shelving, which I rejig depending on what I'm working on at the time...


So what happens when those paintings have dried and are ready to be put online or taken to the Gallery...


The top shelf has Medium/Large paintings - all dry - but they still need to be separated.  Oil paintings still 'breathe' and need space from one another.  I think this is one of the most challenging things to deal with in a small space.  Having said that, I do hang some paintings around the house and thankfully we have more room to display future art.

The box-shelves (signified by the pieces of tape...which tell me these are destined for customers and/or are online).   These smaller paintings still need to be kept separated, which can be tricky.  I've come up with one or two ways to deal with this and currently, you will see in the above image, some wire trays, which keep the paintings separated...


like this...



So there you have it - my current space saving method.

~ Have a good day everyone ~













3 comments:

robin cox walsh said...

It's those damn faeries that come into the studio overnight!! They are real mess makers over here! ;)

Eileen H said...

You seem very well organised to me. I’m someone who can’t find anything if I’ve tidied up, organised chaos I call it :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin....exactly, the little blighters 🤣

Eileen...have to admit that I can put something down, turn around and it’s disappeared..What! 😳