Saturday 8 May 2021

Plein air again

Another visit to Arlington Court - oh so lucky with the weather (it has since been raining non-stop)

Turned out to be a very good day weatherwise.   I did have a major rethink on the painting - the right hand side in fact, but heyho this is how the painting process goes sometimes.  It's quite nice to change something when not sure about it. 

 


Below is where I'm in the process of changing it...taken out a large tree 


For now the painting will have to dry.
This is why Oil paintings take time

1. If you happen the change something
and
2. Waiting for paint to dry






6 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

APOLOGIES ALL, SORRY ABOUT THE CAMERA WOBBLE ON THIS VIDEO. I HAD MY IPHONE ATTACHED WITH A HOLDER TO THE EASEL...SILLY ME, HAND'T CONSIDERED THE EFFECT THAT WOULD HAVE AS I PAINTED. 'LESSON LEARNED' AS THEY SAY!!!

robin cox walsh said...

No worries! A wobbly clip is still interesting to watch. I'm always impressed with how easy you make it look.....a few dabs of the brush and voilà a tree! Amazing! :D

Eileen H said...

I don't know how you manage to do both anyway, paint and video at the same time. You are amazing.

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin....it's all a case of Practise..not everything goes according to plan, but the journey is interesting 🙂

Eileen...I set up a tripod (my usual choice for the iPhone/camera/filming part), easy peasy when I'm not battling the weather 🤣

robin cox walsh said...

PS I like your new header! (I don't have the courage! LOL)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin...Thanks. Neither have I ... Lil took the photo, which was really kind of her. I'll leave it up for a while, then change it at some point, lol.