Monday 10 April 2023

Back to Sketching

As much as I love painting, mainly Oils, I do enjoy a relaxing session of sketching.  Simple is best, so I either try and have to hand a pencil with sketchbook, or a pen (be it fountain pen or other).   

Taking these items out and about, I can sketch anywhere, but recently I've found sitting in the evening is a good opportunity to find random photos online (there are websites, Facebook groups and the Sktchy app where you can find copyright free photos to use).

Enough waffle, here are some over the last week...






This next little character you may recognise,
‘Grand-dog’ Dottie




Dottie is always a delight to sketch, but some of her poses are questionable,
especially when her pose is more
Naughty Bottom than sensible pup!


















6 comments:

Eileen H said...

Lovely to see your sketches Ann and see Dottie again.....bottoms up! :-)

Marie Smith said...

Great sketches, Ann. Love the subject matter too.

John (JWJarts) said...

I love your sketches Ann, but that photo of Dottie takes the biscuit. What a character!!!

robin cox walsh said...

LOL I see a new series being born....the 'envelope project'!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Eileen…. Thanks, it’s good to be back to sketching.

Marie…Thanks so much.

John…..Dottie definitely is a character, the little madam!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Robin….I like the sound of that 👍