Thursday 20 April 2023

Random sketch

This is very much a Random sketch.  I’ve been watching and catching up on some Youtube channels and this is where I found the image to sketch.

One of the YouTubers lives and works in London, so there are often videos of street scenes.  On this occasion the couple had been to a restaurant and emerged into the street.  And there it was, in a second I knew it was a sketch for me.  I keep a sketchbook and pens near my chair, so I set to.

Here’s the reference…


and here’s my sketch


The Youtube channel is








6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great sketch. I remember that unusual shaped building from a theatre we visited there.

Eileen H said...

That's a wonderful sketch Ann and looks like he posts some great videos, thanks for the link.

robin cox walsh said...

Wonderful sketch (as usual!) 😀

ann @ studiohyde said...

Marie....I'm so glad the sketch brought this reminder to you of the theatre :)

Eileen....Yes, he has a lot of content on his videos. Check out Mr. Carrington too, they know each other, but again Mr. C has good content. They have both recently mentioned Middle Aged Minx too, who I also follow.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrCarrington

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPdKVL2QgDfBXcIW3jC3B2Q

Robin....Thanks so much :)


John (JWJarts) said...

What a great sketch Ann. I've lost count of the number of times I've told myself to sketch more .... I really must make an effort.

ann @ studiohyde said...

John, I keep a small sketchbook in the car these days, the weather helps with inspiration doesn’t it. Meanwhile, in the evenings I sketch random things while watching tv. I would encourage anyone to do a simple 5 minute sketch, no pressure to be perfect, just enjoy the process :)